Sunday, April 27, 2014

Madeleine's Marriage Plans

Madeleine is holding fast to her resolution to live with me when she's an adult; however, her plan to have a husband seems to have changed.  Julia and Madeleine discussed this issue on the car ride home from church.

MADELEINE: I'm gonna live with MAMA when I grow up!
JULIA: Madeleine, you're gonna live at home when you're MARRIED?
MADELEINE: Yes.  And I'm gonna marry YOU!
JULIA: (scathingly) Maaadeleine.  You can't marry me.  People aren't ALLOWED to marry their siblings.
MADELEINE: Well Julia, why not?
JULIA: First of all, Madeleine, if you marry me, you won't get to CHANGE your last name, because we already HAVE the same last name.

Yes.  That *is* the important issue at hand.  I mean, that's the main reason why I married Ethan and not one of my cousins with the same last name as me.

After a moment of reflection, Madeleine was still resolved in her desire to marry Julia, and tried to entice her sister.

MADELEINE: Julia, c'mon, it will be like dancing in the MEADOW!

Yeah, Julia.  Come on.  Take a risk.  Embrace the opportunity to partake in this incestuous wedding.  It will be like dancing in the meadow!

At any rate, while Madeleine has been wishing to live at home even when she's a grown-up, she had other desires on her mind when she said her prayer at church today.  She shared her inner thoughts with me upon our return home:

MADELEINE: Mama?  Today I said a SPECIAL PRAYER that goes like this: "God, please make it be Easter tomorrow.  AMEN."

I think she's gonna be pretty disappointed when she wakes up tomorrow and God hasn't made it be Easter.  Maybe she needs to have less lofty requests for God to deliver to her.

Or maybe He'll pull through for her.  In that case, I will post again tomorrow, on Easter!

1 comment: