Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quotes to Remember

A blog post of various memorable quotes from the kids...


#1
 
After picking Julia up from school a few days ago:

JULIA: Mom, so, at recess today, me and Sadie were playing "Global Warming!"
ME:  Oh.  Cool.  So how do you play "Global Warming?"
JULIA: Um, so, we were pretending to be in the Arctic, and we're trying to save all the polar animals, and, um, there's this, like, WHALE that people are climbing on, and we needed to keep helping Stephanie, because she kept getting trapped in booby traps on the whale.  And, um, so...we would, um...we would...the WHALE was slippery.



#2

This morning, we were all in the car to drop Ethan off at his church choir rehearsal so that the girls and I could use the car to go to our church.  Ethan attempted to do some vocal warm-ups but was thwarted by the cold that has spread through our household:

ETHAN: (singing) Deeeee-deeeee-deeeee (voice cracking.)  Ugh.  That's horrible!
JULIA: (piping up from the backseat) What is?
ETHAN: My voice.
MADELEINE: (wisely) Daddy?  It's because we're on a BUMPY road.  

That was totally why.  It had NOTHING to do with the phlegm in Ethan's throat.  Madeleine continued to talk about bumpy roads for the next several minutes, then was suddenly struck by the injustice of the fact that nobody has done anything to FIX the bumps.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Why don't they just CARVE all the bumpy roads?

Yeah.  Why *haven't* they carved the bumpy roads?  That would totally solve ALL the problems.



#3
 
We have all been enjoying our new Wii lately, which was a Christmas gift from Ethan to the girls.  Most nights, after dinner and before bed, we play a family game of Wii bowling.  Since we all need a cartoon figure to represent us, we had the option of choosing one of the multiple characters offered by the Wii itself, or designing our own "Mii" - pronounced "me" - a cartoon character made to look somewhat like its human equivalent.  Naturally, we were all excited to make our own Mii rather than choosing one of the standard characters.  Below is a picture of the arrangement of Mii characters representing everyone in our house:

From left to right: Me, Ethan, Julia, Auntie Shannon, and Madeleine

Every time one of us takes our turn to bowl, our Mii shows up on the screen, holding a bowling ball and looking determined and serious.  This has led us to make all sorts of comments about our Mii figures. 

"Wow, my Mii really looks like me!"
"I really like my Mii."
"Why does my Mii have such a big head?"
"I think my Mii needs to be taller."
"I love the hairstyle on my Mii."

And so forth.  The other day, as Julia was taking her turn in our bowling game, Madeleine turned to me and exclaimed, "Mommy!  Do you like Julia's HER??"

I do.  I like her her indeed.  I might like her her better than I like my mii.



#4

Yesterday afternoon, Ethan decided to play some music using our Roku, which allows us to access the internet through our television.  He was able to search for songs and play the music while the tv screen portrayed either an album cover or a picture of the artist.  Which led to this conversation with Madeleine:

MADELEINE: Look!  There's a picture of JESUS on the tv!
ETHAN: That's not Jesus, honey.  That's Frank Zappa.

It's a pretty easy mistake to make, don't you think??





1 comment:

  1. Geez she shunned my Jesus but thinks Frank Zappa is a good representation?!

    ReplyDelete