Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Creative Play With Mundane Objects

Madeleine is literally playing with a twist tie and a serial number sticker right now.  And she's deeply invested in a pretend play game involving the aforementioned objects.  She's even singing a made up song as she plays with them.  I know, I know, you may be wondering, how much fun stuff is there to actually *do* with a twist tie and a sticker? 

Apparently a lot. 

Here's an excerpt from the conversation Madeleine was making them have:

MADELEINE: You want this?  My grandfather says it's VERY expensive.
ME: Madeleine, what's very expensive?
MADELEINE: Uh, the BLACK thing.  The grandfather says the black thing is VERY expensive.
ME: Whose grandfather says that?
MADELEINE: The AIR'S grandfather.

Oh, boy, even the air is lucky enough to play a character in this riveting game.  Seriously, doesn't it just LOOK like a barrel of fun??:



Next thing I knew, the straw from Madeleine's juice box was getting involved in the game.

MADELEINE: (making the twist tie talk to the sticker) You want a straw?  Yes?  Okay.  Here you go.  Here's a straw:



If you're as confused as I was about what exactly is going on in this pretend game, never fear: I got a concise explanation from the originator of the game herself.

ME: Madeleine.  Can you tell me what's going on with the black thing and the sticker?
MADELEINE: So.  The sticker was a TAG, and it was ATTACHED, because it was at the STORE, and the sticker wanted to buy it, but then the sticker buyed up a DIFFERENT home that was my STRAW.

See?  It all makes perfect sense now!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh - the sticker buyed up a DIFFERENT home that was her STRAW! Nooow I get it!

    The ring and the hair elastic was also what was worn to make Madeleine look so grown up yesterday. I guess it's a multi-purpose play thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where all the UNATTACHED tags go? XOXO, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete