Friday, December 13, 2013

Fun Time on the Pot

This afternoon, Madeleine announced that she was going to do "the LONGEST poop!" as she settled onto the potty.  Now, just to clarify, because I can see how there might be some confusion: she was not intending her poop itself to measure a great length, but instead, for her time on the potty to be lengthy. 

I was thrilled to hear that our only bathroom was going to be occupied - ON PURPOSE - for the LONGEST time. 

I checked in regularly to see if Madeleine was done.  "Not yeeeeet!" she would exclaim cheerfully, continuing to have My Little Ponies Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie (who were her bathroom toys of choice today) converse with each other. 

Of course, when Madeleine finally announced herself done, it was while I was downstairs answering the FedEx delivery man's ringing of our doorbell.

MADELEINE: It's okay, Mom, I'll just wipe MYSELF!

Last time she did that, she ended up with poop all over her fingers.  I went running up towards the bathroom and entered to find her holding a poopy piece of toilet paper.

ME: Oh, okay, here, you better let me help you wipe.

As I was grabbing a fresh piece of toilet paper, I noticed poop smears all over the potty seat.

ME: Oh, no, you got some poop on the toilet.
MADELEINE: (matter-of-fact) Yeah, that's because I had to SCOOT my bum forward to sing (breaking into one of her preschool songs) Let's ALL do a little stomping, let's ALL do a little stomping, let's ALL do a little stomping, and spread Christmas cheeeeeer!
ME: Oh.  Great.  Well, let me clean it off.

While I was spraying the potty seat with bleach and wiping it, Madeleine had an important announcement.

MADELEINE: Mom?  Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were wondering WHY I was eaten by a BASKILISK.  But you'd still be ALIVE.
ME: You'd still be alive when?
MADELEINE: When you were eaten by a BASKILISK.

Geesh.  No wonder it was the LONGEST poop.  Between her My Little Pony pretend play, her rehearsal for her upcoming preschool Christmas sing-along, and the whole ordeal of getting eaten by a baskilisk -  and then having to answer to Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny - I'm surprised she was able to finish up in under an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment