Saturday, December 7, 2013

Artistic Creativity of All Sorts

I bought the girls some much-needed new markers yesterday, and ever since, they have been coloring even MORE than usual.

Madeleine made this lovely piece of free art.  It's not creepy at all:






OMG, that ghoul creature with the red eyes is seriously going to haunt my dreams tonight.  I think she'll give me even worse chills than the lexsi of hower did.


Madeleine got a chance to express her creativity in a different way this morning; both in her choice of outfit & accessories, as well as in her decorative choices.  We Rowes attended the Wreath Fundraiser at Madeleine's preschool, and Madeleine got to choose the decorations we ultimately bought in order to adorn our wreath.  Take a look at the finished product:






And let's just take a moment to admire Madeleine's outfit and hairstyle of choice.  In fact, she glammed herself up even more later in the day:





Yes, despite the fact that I have *always* dressed the girls in cheery red, seasonal attire for the wreath fundraiser, I have learned through outfit drama with Madeleine that sometimes I just have to choose my battles.  Hence me being the ONLY one in the family photo wearing red, and hence the, um, extremely creative ensembles of my children.

As Madeleine explained, while prancing around in the above outfit/accessories: "So, Julia is training to be a SCIENTIST, and I'm training to be a ROCK STAR!"

It currently appears as if BOTH girls are training to be rock stars.  Here they are in action:




I think they have a real career in the making!









2 comments:

  1. Is Julia is Courtney Elf in Courtney and Shannon or WHAT???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is Courtney and Shannon of yore alright!

    ReplyDelete