Monday, December 16, 2013

Another Gingerbread Gimnist

When I picked Madeleine up from preschool today, she was eager to show me the gingerbread man she had made.

MADELEINE: (hopping up and down, showing me her project) Mom!  We made gingerbread men!  And...and...and...I made...the gingerbread GYMNAST!  And I wrote "from Madeleine, to Julia!"

Wow, even Madeleine has been affected by the Gingerbread Gimnist, enough so that she decided to make one for Julia as a Christmas gift:






Seriously, could Madeleine worship her big sister any more than she already does??  What an attentive little sister.  She even made the red licorice hair of the gingerbread gimnist.


Madeleine had a different Christmas theme on her mind after we got home from school.

ME: Madeleine?  Did you go potty at school?
MADELEINE: Uh...no, and Mama?  I need to POOP.
ME: Okay.  Go on into the bathroom.  And Madeleine: if you want to play with a toy while you poop, why don't you go get it now and bring it in with you so that I'm not stuck looking for toys for you?
MADELEINE: (cheerily) Uh, no, that's okay Mom.  You can get it for me!

She wound up playing with two Little People Wise Men and two camels.  When she was done and ready to get off the potty, she filled me in on the details of her pooping pretend play game.

MADELEINE: Mom?  I'm being MARY, and at the end of my game, I said: "Little Cindy Loo Who, who is no longer than TWO!"  And Mommy?  I'm Mary when she's FOUR, so...Baby Jesus wasn't THERE yet.  And...and...and...Mary likes to do exercises with her best...with her best...with her best sister, Shannon!

That sounds like one heck of a game.  The Virgin Mary: the Early Years.  I think Madeleine may have hit upon the plot for the next big blockbuster film!

No comments:

Post a Comment