Monday, May 13, 2013

Restaurant

This morning, Julia decided that we should play "restaurant."  She got highly creative setting up a table for two:



Madeleine and I were the customers, and were provided with a menu full of delicious choices:

Entrees:
Pitzza with Supe
Chicin and Salid
Chicin Casadia
Salid with Karits

Drinks:
Margreda
Laminad
Califanya Caberny


It was a happy day for Julia, as she fulfilled her lifelong career dream by acting as our waitress:



 Waitress Julia, ready to take our order

Pouring some tea

And what a great waitress Julia was!  Not only was she prompt in filling our orders, but she took an interest in our personal lives, too.

JULIA: (pointing at Madeleine) She's so cute!  When is her birthday?
ME: What?  Oh.  Uh...October 2nd.
JULIA: Awww.  She's really cute!
ME: Thanks.

I was a little slow on the uptake in realizing Julia was acting in character.  Pretend play FAIL.

Even Madeleine got into the pretend play spirit, and decided to turn the tables on our usual roles in the household.

MADELEINE: (coming over to give me a kiss) Mama?  I'm SUCH your mommy.  And...you're my KID.  Mama?  Can I feed you your dinner?

So I had the sheer pleasure of having Madeleine fork feed me "bites" of the plastic lime that was on my plate.

After our delicious dinner was finished, I had to sing my name on the credit card bill.  Julia made sure to write the restaurant name on the bill I singed, and you'll NEVER guess what it was called:

"Emily's"

I'm not quite sure why the bill required my singature rather than Madeleine's, since I was the kid.  I guess I'll chalk it up to a Mother's Day dinner for Madeleine, seeing as she's such my mom.

Besides, we wouldn't really want Madeleine to sing it anyway, because who knows how many thousands of "Ds" she would have to make before being achieving perfection.

1 comment: