Friday, May 3, 2013

More on Jesus

Madeleine continues to be INSESSED with Jesus Christes Superstar.  Not only does she point out her favorite moments as we listen to it:

MADELEINE: Mom!  They're nailing Jesus to the CROSS!  This is my FAVORITE part!
JULIA: Uh, Madeleine??  Why is your favorite part when Jesus is getting KILLED?
MADELEINE: Because!...it makes me feel really HAPPY!


But she also incorporates the musical's songs into all aspects of her daily life.  Just yesterday, I could hear her from behind the bathroom's closed door, bellowing away while she pooped on the potty: "Jesus, oh I love you, touch me, touch me, JEEEESUS!"

And today she came up with a whole exciting Jesus caper as she sat coloring, exclaiming, "You'll never catch ME, Jesus!"  Really, what says Jesus more than models in Mexico from her "Dress Up, Make-Up" coloring book??:

Jesus will NEVER catch the cha-cha dancing models!


Additionally, Madeleine is always full of insightful comments as we listen to the soundtrack in the car.  You can tell she's really delving deep into the psyche of the Biblical characters as she makes her perspicacious remarks.

MARY MAGDELENE: (singing) I don't know how to loooooove him...
MADELEINE: Mom?  She DOESN'T KNOW how to LOVE him.

Woah.  That's scary perceptive of her.

Lucky for you all, I got a video of Madeleine singing her favorite song from  "Jesus Christes Supersatar," which, believe it or not, is the song "Jesus Christes Superstar."  After singing, Madeleine launches into a crystal-clear explanation of what song she wants me to put on next time we are in the car:




Got it.  Next time I'll put on the song of Jesus dying on nothing.  Or whatever it is she was trying to say.


3 comments:

  1. ASKFUH#QOUIWEAKHFWSAEFOIUYQ#HEKL WHAT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a performance from under a table!! Love it! XOXO, Yiayia

      Delete
    2. I never know what's going through that kid's head, Cait.

      Delete