Friday, May 24, 2013

Julia's Latest Book

Get ready, folks, because there's a new Julia Rowe publication fresh off the presses.  I present to you her latest book:
All Difrint
by Julia Rowe

Let's open to the first pages to find out WHO exactly is difrint:


"My name is Lilly.  I am in first grade and I love schoole.
But my big sister in third grade das not like it at all."

Uh-oh.  That's a MAJOR difrince to have.  If one sister likes schoole and one doesn't, how will they ever get along??  Let's find out!


"I've hird her saying mine wards to her frends and they wore never agen."

Oh no!  Mine wards?  So is Lilly's big sister a mine girl?

"But I know spels tickle tackle bickle backle mack this girl happy."

Wait.  So is Lilly a wizard?  And why does Lilly's sister suddenly have red hair instead of brown?   Or is that a hoodie??  I'm so confused here.  I better keep reading.


"But then my sister sade I lide but what I sade back to her was nevre had a hart to liye stick a cupcack in my eye."

Okay.  That makes lots of sense.  I would definitely stick a cupcack in my eye if I was caught liying.

"But onfochintle my sister sade I'm biger and smarter then you are."

That IS onfochinte.  Lilly's sister is DEFINITELY a mine girl.  But will she and her sister patch things up??


"But I know she was rong becase we wore difrint.  And I know wiy she dasint like the thing I do."
YEAH, Lilly's sister.  Lilly's not less SMART than you.  She's just DIFRINT.  Lilly likes to do the mukey boars, and you like to...uh...swing??  Fly in the air with a red cape?  Not really sure what you're doing in that picture.


"and some times she bugs me but she rely loves me.  Today in class we will woch a movie."
Awww.  Now this is getting really sweet!  But...why is the movie screen blank, and why do the floating heads not have bodies attached to them?


"And me and my sister got to act in it.  And if we fite we still love ech ather."
This is getting a little autobiographical here.  Julia and Madeleine DEFINITELY still love ech ather even though they fite.


"My name is Lilly Idla and evryone is difrint."

Um, I think I really LOVE this book.  What a sweet little message, and good for Lilly for understanding that she and her sister are difrint but they still love each other, even when Lilly's sister says mine wards.

I think Julia was definitely drawing upon her own sisterly love when writing this.  Just yesterday, as Madeleine and I arrived at kindergarten pick-up, Julia told me joyfully, "Mama?  I just can't HELP myself from just LOVING that little Madeleine when I look at her and I see her little PLOPPY cheeks and those TWINKLING eyes and her little MADELEINE SMILE!"

I have to second that sentiment.

My name is Courtney Elf Rowe, and evryone is difrint.

No comments:

Post a Comment