Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ponies and Dinosaurs

Before the girls and I headed off to church this morning, there was time for some pretend play at home.  Julia got busy with her My Little Ponies, who sang one spirited song after another about everything from their Cutie Marks to Princess Celestia's royal ball.  "Circus, I Love You Babe" even made a second appearance.  However, I think the big show-stopper of the morning was Julia's newest composition, "What Kind of Path Do You Take?" 




I am blown away by these lyrics.  And I'm glad to see that the ponies are all in agreement to stay on the straight and narrow.  Good job, ponies.  I hope you all stay usually straight.


Madeleine got into some pretend play herself, but rather than making the My Little Ponies sing about their hopes and dreams, she decided to play with a roaring dinosaur who was out to eat everybody.  Why am I not surprised?:




Notice that she cannot keep her hopping to a minimum during this video.  Or any of the recent videos, for that matter.  While Julia is a galloper, Madeleine definitely seems to be a hopper.  She's even aware of it herself.  During coffee hour after church today, I suggested we try the bathroom, but she told me she didn't have to go.

ME: Did you already go potty during Sunday school?
MADELEINE: Um...YES!
ME: Who took you to the potty?
MADELEINE: Um, the girl who was asking me to go.  And...I was HOPPING AROUND all over the bathroom when I was DONE!

I definitely think there would be less klutzo face-planting if Madeleine chose to walk in a straight line rather than hop around spastically in multiple directions, but hey, we all need an outlet for our extra energy.  Julia does Gallop Time, Madeleine hops like a lopsided bunny rabbit, and our house always manages to sound like we have a herd of rhinos trampling through from room to room.  And what kind of path do they take when they gallop and hop around? 

Usually straight.

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M CRYING!!!!

    I especially love the title she came up with! I never would've guessed that to be it!!

    At least she knows she doesn't have to be concerned about her ambiguous love for God so long as she's usually taking a straight path!

    I also loved that every pony had to say "Bye" at the end in different voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Madeleine looks so preciously adorable and beautiful in that video. I want to just kiss those little apple cheeks off!!

    ReplyDelete