Friday, November 16, 2012

Bonus Post

I don't usually post twice within the same day, but this conversation needs to be shared right away...

MADELEINE: (running into the kitchen, where I was cooking dinner, holding out a hand stamp) Mommy!  Would you like a stamp?
ME: Sure.  (holding out my hand.)
MADELEINE: Now give me your other hand!
ME: Okay.  (holding out my other hand.)
MADELEINE: (with satisfaction) There you go!  (Running into the bathroom to find Ethan)  Daddy?  Would you like a stamp?
ETHAN: (standing over the toilet) Not right now, honey.
MADELEINE: Oh.  Not while you're peeing?
ETHAN: Right.  Not while I'm peeing.
MADELEINE: But why is pee coming out of your vagina?
ETHAN: I don't have a vagina, honey.  I have a penis.
MADELEINE: No, you don't.  You have a WORM!  Nice worm, Daddy!  (running out of the bathroom, pleased with herself.)  Mommy?  I called Daddy's peanut a WORM!
ME: Daddy doesn't have a peanut and he doesn't have a worm.  He has a penis.  That's what he uses to go pee.  Girls have a vagina, and boys have a penis.
MADELEINE: (thoughtful) Well...they DO have nice worms, when they just STICK OUT!

Oh.  My.  Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Lord is right. Not ready for this! (due Dec 26th)
    -john furukawa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeleine, you've left Yiayia speechless!!! Gotta love that girl. XOXO, Yiayia

      Delete