Monday, November 19, 2012

Babblings

As I mentioned, yesterday was a tough one for Madeleine, but when I attempted to get my tired, cranky little girl to bed early last night, she suddenly came alive with incessant chatter.  Some of her musings were relevant to the day we'd had, as she yapped about which items she wants on her wish list for HER next birthday:  "Mommy?  Remember that when it's MY next birthday and I'm turning FOUR, I'm gonna get my OWN 'Rainbow in My Room' and Princess CADENCE."  And sometimes her comments were completely and utterly random: "Mommy?  Remember when I was galloping, my hair BLOWED OUT OF MY BRAIN, and I was galloping SUPER FAST to get there?" 

Yeah...totally...of course I remember the time your hair blowed out of your brain when you were galloping to get...uh...there.  That's not vague AT ALL.

At any rate, she finally got her tired little self to sleep, and woke me up this morning by knocking on my bedroom door and asking me to help her find Kitty.  After discovering that wily Kitty hiding under Madeleine's blanket, I foolishly hoped I might be able to sneak in a little more sleep while Madeleine played in her room, but alas, Madeleine was once again full of chatter.  The wheels in her mind began as soon as I handed her Kitty:

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Does Kitty have whiskers?
ME: Uh...yes.  She does.
MADELEINE: No she doesn't!  Those are just her PIMPLES.

Oh, duh.  That's right.  Kitty is a GIRL.  Of course she doesn't have whiskers.  She just has PIMPLES.


Kitty, with pimples.




Julia was a kind-hearted big sister once again this morning, allowing Madeleine to play with some of her new birthday loot.  Madeleine has been especially excited to get a turn with Julia's new "Mimmie Mouse," seeing as Madeleine recently broke the leg off of her own Mimmie Mouse Polly Pocket.

ME: Madeleine, can I take a picture of you and Minnie Mouse?
MADELEINE: Cheeeeese!  Mom!  Mimmie Mouse smiled!  Because...I know she's a GIRL.

Aha.  So Mimmie Mouse must not have whiskers either.  She just has pimples.

Julia has also allowed Madeleine to color select pictures in the brand new coloring books that Julia received yesterday, so the girls have enjoyed laying side by side on the rug coloring together.  And, happily, Madeleine still has plenty of unused pages in her own new coloring books that her baby-sitter gave her last week, so she is keeping busy with those as well, rather than using up all of Julia's new pages.  In fact, Madeleine spent a good chunk of time today coloring in her own new Christmas book, making sure to decorate Santa from head to toe:

I guess he must have gone down an extra sooty chimney.

And, since Santa is a boy, he clearly DOES have whiskers, NOT pimples.  Ho, ho, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment