Saturday, November 17, 2012

My New Piano Book

Julia has been busy composing more songs for my piano lessons, and she has now compiled a whole lesson book for me, appropriately entitled "Piano":






(BTW, the big fudgy blob on the top is nothing icky; just some chocolate cupcake batter from Julia's birthday cupcakes that the girls and I were mixing):





Anyway, back to the piano book.  I now have some brand new songs to practice, including:

"Yes No"

"ABC"  (Don't be fooled by the title.  This song sounds nothing like the traditional "ABC" that we all know.  Perhaps Madeleine's added scribble next to the title is a symbolic representation of the fact that this "ABC" song is a chaotic mix of melodic notes.)

"HPC."  I have no idea what these letters are meant to stand for.  Human Papilloma Chords?  Hewlett Packard Computer??

"Bus"  Now, don't get confused: this bus does not actually have GPS.  That is just a marking put in by the composer to indicate that my hands should be in G position.


And finally, the back cover of the book gives me hope for what I can aspire towards once I've mastered this handful of songs Julia wrote:






Oh boy!  I can't wait until I get to levl too!







1 comment:

  1. Nex you'll be able too play piano Julia style! How exciting, Courtney. XOXO, Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete