Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Favorites

Despite the fact that Madeleine laments to me, on a near daily basis, "Mommy, I wiiiiish we could still go trick-or-treeeeating!", the fact that we are halfway through November inspired me to finally put away the household Halloween decorations.  Sadly for the girls, that means bye-bye to some of the decorations that have become their good imaginary friends.

This morning we said good-bye to Witcha:






Ghosta:




And Batta:




Madeleine is especially fond of Batta.  Or, as she puts it: "Mom?  Batta is my FAVORITE GIRL of the year."

Madeleine has a lot of favorites lately.  For example, this is her favorite spider in our Usborne "Spiders" book:





This is also her favorite spider:

And this one is also her favorite spider:





Purple is her favorite color.  Green is also her favorite color.  Lollipops are her favorite candy.  Although that's not all: "And my big M n Ms is my favorite.  Only a lollipop and M n Ms is my favorite."

Now, in case you're thinking she's playing it a little too fast and loose with the "favorite" word, I can assure you that she remains consistent in her favorite friend.  In fact, on the Thanskgiving bulletin board at preschool, Madeleine even listed this person as the thing she is thankful for:




Madeleine: "I am thankful for my sister."


When it comes to favorite songs, Madeleine also has many nominations, although she is also increasingly singing her own made-up songs, just like her big sister.  In fact, on the way home from dropping Julia off at school this morning, Madeleine belted out two new compositions from the back seat.  The first was basically "Mary Had a Little Lamb" with new words: "Everybody else, else, else..."  Unfortunately, those were the ONLY lyrics to the entire song, so I never got to find out what exactly everybody else, else, else is doing. 

Her other song had an entirely original tune, and somewhat frightening lyrics: "I'm the king of the VIRGIN!  I'm the king of the VIRGIN!"

Um.  WHAT?!?

ME: What are you singing?  You're the king of the WHAT?
MADELEINE: The VIRGIN.
ME: (slightly horrified) What does that mean?!
MADELEINE: (beaming broadly) I don't know!

Oh, my...just...what??  I have no words.  

1 comment: