Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Julia!

I can't believe my first-born baby is six years old today!  Happy birthday, Julia!

Evidently, she can't believe it either.  "Mom," she told me, seeming slightly disappointed.  "I feel like I'm still FIVE."  So apparently the overnight turning of age five to six was not the monumental, life-altering experience she had expected.  It's okay, though; she was able to put an optimistic spin on the whole thing.  "But I bet with a little more time, I'll start feeling USED to being six!" she concluded brightly.

Meanwhile, now that Thanksgiving is over, the girls are excited to jump into Christmas preparations.  Not only did we have a boogie-down dance party to Christmas music last night, but Julia has been playing music out of her Christmas piano book to create some festive background music. 

Julia has even randomly burst into song throughout the day; just a few minutes ago, as she sat at the table playing with her American Girl doll, she launched into Deck the Halls: "Deck the Halls with bells of polly, fa la la la la, la la la laaaa!" 

Let the holiday season begin!  And, most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIA!!!


2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULESIE! I'm so grateful that I got to spend this special day with my beloved Goddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA!!! I love you so much my little sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete