Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Morning Activities

This morning, as I put Madeleine on the potty after bringing her down from her bedroom, Julia cheerily informed me of her own potty experience upon waking:

JULIA: Mama, when I got up, I did a LOT of...a LOT of...uh...
ME: Pee?
JULIA: Yeah!  Like, when I sat down on the potty, I just kept going SEVERAL times.  (Pausing to reflect)  Well, maybe not SEVERAL, but, like...TWO times.

I'm glad she clarified that.  Going pee two times is totally different than going several times.  And who doesn't want to know every exact detail of someone else's morning pee?

The girls watched their usual a.m. episode of "Curious George" and then quickly got to playing.  Madeleine decided to play a pretend game of "Halloween" with her Ariel Barbie doll dressed in costume.  And what a ghoulishly creepy costume it was:


Ariel Ghoul-Face pranced around the windowsill, singing "I'm going out to Halloweeeeeen!  I'm going out to Halloweeeeen!  I got ma costuuuuuume!  I'm going out to Halloweeeeeen!"  In the midst of this song and dance, Madeleine suddenly turned to Julia and announced, "Look, Julia!  Ariel doesn't have any SHOES on!  Isn't that SILLY?"

While it's undeniable that Ariel is, in fact, borefooting on her trick-or-treat adventure, I dare say that shoes are not the only wardrobe item she's missing.

Later on in the morning, the girls got busy coloring; Madeleine returned to the "Strawberry Shortcake" coloring book, while Julia proudly whipped out the hand-made coloring book she had fashioned herself, modeled off of our "Strawberry Shortcake" coloring book.  Julia's pictures in her own book were drawn with all black, and today she colored them in by adding various hues to the people she had drawn.  Let's see if you can even tell the difference between the REAL "Strawberry Shortcake" pictures and the ones Julia imitated:


Julia explained to me that the picture on her cover is of microphones.


I am particularly fond of the giant floating heads that were apparently mess-ups and were scribbled out above the acceptable version of Cherry singing.


I thought that the instrument in Raspberry's right hand is a keyboard, like that shown above, but Julia informed me it's actually a flute.  So perhaps the instrument in her left hand is the keyboard??  Or I suppose one of the black lumps surrounding Raspberry could be the keyboard... I think this picture is open to interpretation.

Julia's version of Lemon Meringue is a bit tamer than the rainbow-haired punk rocker she colored in above, but I appreciate the variety she displays between the original version and her own version.

And with that, we're off to Rock and Roll!

4 comments:

  1. Ariel's not the only one borefooting it on Halloween. Shannon as Rainbow Bright started it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, we talked all about that, after Julia asked me, "But Mama? Do people REALLY go trick-or-treating with no shoes on?" And then boy oh boy did she have a million questions about why you wore no shoes and why the grown-ups didn't realize.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha - i can just picture that. "But Mama, why did the grownups not REALIZE that like, auntie shannon had no shoes on?"

      Courtney. That Ariel picture made me laugh outloud.

      Delete
    3. Oh and the Strawberrah Shortcake drawings Julia did made my heart melt. She's so stinking cute I can't even stand it.

      Delete