Monday, July 2, 2012

Bursting with Creativity

Oh, boy.  Where to even begin?  Julia has been exploding with creativity lately.  Perhaps I should start with her latest Elle-inspired fashion shoot:





I find it a little scary how truly her body language and facial expressions capture the whole "haute couture" fashion model style.

In the visual arts world, Julia has been coloring up a storm, completing yet more original books (like today's hit, "On and Off," which showed pictures and text on each page of various things that can be turned on and off.)  In addition, I stumbled across this picture in her "Pocket Doodles for Princesses" book as I was ripping out one of its sheets for Madeleine to color.  Apparently Julia took a very literal interpretation of the instructions on this page:


That is definitely one heck of a royal seal, I have to admit.

While coloring in her Strawberry Shortcake coloring book, Julia continues to bellow out the heartfelt songs she imagines the various characters to be singing.  Today I captured some of the highlights on video: below you will find hit solos by Cherry, Raspberry and Blueberry, as well as a duet between Strawberry Shortacke and Blueberry:









Boogie DOWN, girls!

Meanwhile, Madeleine is just as kooky as ever.  Coming to fetch me from the dining room, where I was drinking my coffee this morning, in order to accompany her on the couch during her "Curious George" viewing, she informed me, "Mommy, I need some help with doing some SNUGGLES over here." 

And just in case any of you want to copy her "big lump" sandal style, here's an instructional video on how to fashion your own, DIY big lump:



I dare say the big lump may just take the fashion world by storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment