Friday, July 13, 2012

Madeleine's Random Musings

Madeleine and I just had this extremely logical conversation.  (For the record, neither Julia nor I have any idea what she's talking about, aside from the fact that "Clog the Toilet" is a game Julia and her friends played at preschool in which they would all slide down the slide in succession and stay put at the bottom of the slide instead of getting off.  As far as we both know, Madeleine has never witnessed this game nor has she played it...)

MADELEINE: Mommy, I didn't want to play clog the toilet, so I was just berry berry sad.  Cause I just didn't want to every night.  Mommy, I didn't want to play clog the toilet at Julia's new school cause there was lotta people there.  Because the teacher said, "You can't play clog the toilet, cause all the people are walking, cause they're buying stuff."  Cause I didn't want to play clog the toilet, that's why the teacher said it.  That you didn't want to play clog the toilet with Simi and Maeve.  Um, does Simi come to your new school, Julia?  Cause we didn't want to put our HEADS in the toilet, because that would be SO, SO YUCKY!  Yeah, that would be so, so FUNNIER!

ME: Well, who WAS playing clog the toilet?

MADELEINE: Um, I think Maeve.  But I didn't want to play clog the toilet because there was too many people WALKING.

ME: And what were you doing instead?

MADELEINE: I was playing on my OWN clog the toilet. I didn't want to play on JULIA'S clog the toilet because it's so big, because it was so HUGE, because I didn't want to play on HERS.  That was her own.  She said, "No, no, don't play on my own one.  This is MINE!"  I just played on my own clog the toilet.  I lost it!  And it was really, really, really, small!  And I just cried for Mommy.  Climbing up the big ladder, playing clog the toilet.  I asked for you.

ME: Madeleine, where were you when this happened?

MADELEINE: Cause I didn't want to play on her own.  Cause I just want to (getting distracted by her marker) Not working!  Julia, can you help me with this thing?  Cause it's not working.  (breaking into song) This is not worrrrking, ba da da da da..."

I guess that's the end of the clog the toilet discussions. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah if I hadn't witnessed these types of dialogues in person I wouldn't be able to believe it, but I can actually exactly picture this happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that "clog the toilet" is synonymous with slide for some reason but I hate to think that the little girls are the waste product!!! Oh my goodness, what imaginations they have. This sounds like a real heartfelt talk on Madeleine's part. Maybe it was a dream that she remembered when she wok up. XOXO, Love, Yiayia

      Delete