Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Magnetic Dolls

Madeleine was graciously allowed access to all of Julia's magnetic dress-up dolls today, and she has hardly moved from her spot on the dining room floor, surrounded by various magnet outfits.  Just like her sister, Madeleine's pretend play with the dolls involves frequent, spontaneous bursts into song, some of which I managed to get on video:



I'm wondering if "deeters" could possibly be "tweezers"?!?

At the moment, two of the dolls, Princess Courtney and Emma, appear to be preparing for hibernation.

PRINCESS COURTNEY: Oh no!  We forBOT our underwear!  Oh, we got our underwear.  There it is.
EMMA: Oh, it's time to go to sleep.  Let's lay on our tummies!
MADELEINE: (singing): Oh, it's spring tahm, it's spring tahm, oh yeah, spring tahm!
PRINCESS COURTNEY: It's spring time, it's spring time!  Time to get up!
MADELEINE: Uh, Mom?  I think they're getting ready for the BALL.  (Singing) Dun-dun-dun, dun-dun-dun, one two three four five six seven, dun-dun-dun, dun-dun-dun, SHOOOOOW MEEEE, SHOW ME-HEE-HEE, SHOOOOOOW MEEEEE, SHOW ME-HEE-HEE.

I'm glad they're so excited to show each other their ball gowns, but I'm also hoping there will be a lot of good food at the ball, because I bet Princess Courtney and Emma are pretty hungry following their long winter nap.

While Julia seemed perfectly willing to share her magnetic dolls with her sister this morning, there was obviously something she didn't want Madeleine getting her hands on last night.  Since I was at band rehearsal, I missed out on whatever play they were doing before bed, but when I woke up this morning I found a note, in Julia's handwriting, on the living room floor:





I feel pretty sorry for that poor, solitary "K" on the second line.  I bet he's pretty lonely down there all by himself.  Too bad he doesn't have any deeters to help him if he's stuck in the sharp.


3 comments:

  1. She always "got it" I guess.

    And I thought she said mary and "jesus" at first - then it definitely became "deeters." As for what "deeters" are...your guess is as good as mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what that note of Julia's said. "Don't touch?" I love that false bravado they use to sing. It's so cute. Glad Madeleine got her pretend play time in with coveted magnetic paper (wood?) dolls. So good for brain development. XOXO, Love you, Yiayia

      Delete
    2. Her note says "Do not break"... although she fit everything onto one line except for the "K", which stands alone below.

      Delete