Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Madeleine the Model, Writer, and Singer

Madeleine decided to model Ethan's End Point hat this morning, and I dare say that although her head is absolutely gargantuan, it's not quite gargantuan enough to hold the cap snugly in place:


I mean, given the ginormity of her head, I can't imagine it will be more than a year or two before she can comfortably fit in an Ethan-sized hat...

Meanwhile, she has also been busy practicing her letters.  After catching her attempting to write "an M for MADELEINE!" all over the bills I was paying, I got her some blank sheets of paper on which to write freely.  On top of one of the sheets, I wrote her name in capital letters, then let her try her own hand at her name.  For a not-even-three year old, her attempt wasn't too shabby, although she seemed to employ a Salvator Dale-like replication of the letters I'd drawn.  Julia, eager to see the results, came in to see how Madeleine was progressing, then announced, "Uh, Mama, I can tell which name YOU wrote and which one MADELEINE wrote!"  Let's see if you readers are as sharp-eyed as Julia.  Can you guess which one of us wrote which letters??:



Believe it or not, modeling and name-writing are not the only ways in which Madeleine has imitated her older sister today.  After coloring in our "Strawberry Shortcake" coloring book, Madeleine decided to bellow out her very own made-up song about the main character, and man, is it a rockin' tune:



She got it!  Secrets!  She got it!  Strawberraaahh!

3 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHA. That was the best thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, how did you not die laughing and then kill her out of love during that song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Madeleine whose really "GOT IT." Move over Justin B., here comes Made R!!! Love the performance and the modeling. XOXO, Love, Yiayia

      Delete