Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Surprise Party

Today when I arrived home from work, I was treated to a surprise party, courtesy of Julia. The party included three guests: Caitlyn, Julia, and Madeleine, and the first thing Julia did was hand me a wrapped present. Standing beside me in eager anticipation as I opened the gift, Julia could hardly contain her glee once I saw what was inside: three pictures, each drawn by one of my party guests. Julia went for the classic, never-gets-old design of hearts and flowers, as well a warm and loving message:




Whereas Madeleine opted for a creepy black, blobby, tentacled sea monster with some freaky skeleton-like creatures walking about beside it:




Caitlyn took a simple, less-is-more approach:



The party didn't stop at gifts. Julia had also hung decorations around the house, including "ribbons" made of Easter grass:




and balloons:



Talk about decked out. This is one grand celebration, I'm telling you.

What can I say? I'm one lucky mama to come home to such a warm welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Clara threw me a party just like that when I got home from work today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet to be so loved and adored! You are truly appreciated! Good job girls. XOXOXO, Yiayia

      Delete