Thursday, April 5, 2012

Madeleine's Musings

Today, as I gave Madeleine her pre-nap snuggles, she suddenly felt the need to pontificate upon the 2nd degree burns I gave myself nearly 9 months ago, leading to my 2nd visit to the ER in a month's time. What on earth made her suddenly dredge up this memory is beyond me, but she sure did have a lot to say about it.

ME: (giving her a kiss) Madeleine, do you know I love you?
MADELEINE: Mommy, you just spilled your coffee in your lap, and you cried and cried and CRIED! Yeah, because it was just berry, berry hot and you got BURNED. And you had to go in the bath because you spilled your coffee. But, you just wiped it all up, so that's okay! You were just berry, berry happy. Yeah! That's okay, Mommy, because you just wiped it all up! And you had to go to the hostible because you just got BURNED, and you had to go in the bath because you just spilled your coffee in your LAP. But, that's okay!

At least she wasn't bringing up my pimples or my period.

After her nap, she decided to chatter about Julia's teeth:

JULIA: Hi, Madeleine!
MADELEINE: (sitting groggily on the potty) Yeah, because Julia's just MISSING teeth. She's missing TEETH.
ME: Yeah, she is missing some teeth.
MADELEINE: But... I just still got all of my teeth on.
ME: Yes, you haven't lost any teeth yet. Madeleine, do you know where Julia's teeth went?
MADELEINE: Because... it FALLED off.
ME: It fell out, right. Do you know why it fell out?
MADELEINE: Because... I need to FIX it.


Julia, showing off the teeth that fell off, that Madeleine is busy fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment