Monday, November 28, 2011

Various quotes

RANDOM MUSINGS FROM MADELEINE THIS MORNING:

While sitting on the potty: "One morning I woke up and I did a FOOT-LONG!"

While being pushed in the stroller through the Creative Movement parking lot as an SUV drove by us: "Mom! That's a HIPPO car!"


RANDOM CONVERSATIONS WITH JULIA TODAY:

During a play-date with her friend Mary:
MARY: Let's play cook!
JULIA: Yeah, yeah, yeah! Let's play restaurant! Mommy, can you be our patient for the restaurant?

I was an awesome patient, I must say. I cracked the girls up to no end with my exclamations of "Blech!!!" while I ate the various disgusting foods they served me (pie made out of dirt and rocks, coffee with mud in it, toast made out of flowers, and what not. Mind you, that was their idea, not mine, but I ran with it.)

In other pretend play, Julia decided that we should play "school" while we were waiting at the front door for her ride to her real school this morning. In Julia's imagination, school was at the top of our stairwell, which posed a bit of a problem for me, as I was trying to keep lookout at the front door for the mom who was coming to pick Julia up.

JULIA: (running up to the top of the stairs) Come ON, Mom! School is up here!
ME: I can't go up there, honey. I'm staying down here.
JULIA: But Mom, SCHOOL is up here!
ME: How about we pretend school is down here?
JULIA: (chiding) Moooom. You're being just like your sister Shannon.
ME: Like Shannon? How?
JULIA: Mom. You know!
ME: Do you mean like when you want her to come play a game up in your room and she asks if you can play it downstairs?
JULIA: Yeah, or, like when we're in Connecticut and I want to play down in the basement and she says 'Aunties don't go in the basement because there are no windows.'

Uh-oh, Shannon, you've been BUSTED.

1 comment:

  1. Julia, I just tell you I don't want to go downstairs because it's cold and boring! I don't make up excuses about Aunties don't go in the basement because there are no windows!!!!!

    ReplyDelete