Monday, November 7, 2011

Julia's logic

Julia thinks out the answers to some real stumpers:


As we rode by the Coldwell Banker real estate office on the 59 bus, we saw a man carrying a huge American flag on a pole into the office.
JULIA: Mom, why was that person carrying a flag inside that building?
ME: I don't know. I was wondering that too. I'm not sure why.
JULIA: Well, maybe he needs to get it fixed.

Ah, yes, the real estate office, doubling as a flag-repair shop...


After we missed our bus stop because the stop-request button that I pushed failed to work:

JULIA: Mom, I can't see where we go onto the other sidewalk.
ME: Well, we have a ways still. See that across the street? That's the playground. So there's no sidewalk on that side of the street for awhile.
JULIA: What? How is that the playground? Mama, did we MISS our stop?
ME: Yes, we had to get off further down the road because the stop request button didn't work and the bus went by our stop.
JULIA: Mama, thank you so much for telling me, because I was so confused that I didn't RECOGNIZE anything!
ME: Yeah, we have to walk a little further because we got off at a different spot.
JULIA: But why didn't the stop request work?
ME: I have no idea. I pressed it over and over but it wouldn't work.
JULIA: Mama, maybe the batteries died.

Must be.


At home, picking up a pair of totally useless kid scissors that came with a birthday gift from Julia's 3rd b-day party:
JULIA: Mama, why don't these scissors work?
ME: I don't know, but they really don't cut well.
JULIA: Mom, maybe Vivan was getting tired of giving everybody things that work, so she just got me these.

Uh... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment