Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's been a long time since I blogged about poop...

BUT...

Tonight when I put Madeleine on the potty, I heard a small gaseous explosion, followed by a stream of pee. "It's POOP!" she declared, wide-eyed. Since she has been mixing up poop and pee for the past few weeks, I didn't think much of her declaration. "It's PEE," I corrected her, praising her for doing pee-pees on the potty. "It's POOP!" she insisted, informing me, "Mom, I did a FOOT-LONG!"

Well, lo and behold, she has finally figured out the difference between poop and pee, although personally I would characterize what she did as a nugget, not a foot-long.

Unfortunately, turns out that one little nugget wasn't it for the night. As we sat decorating the Christmas tree before bed, Madeleine cheerfully inquired, "Who tooted? I NEEDA GO POTTY!" (The second half of the sentence changing from cheerful joviality to panicked dread.) Luckily, she had a pull-up on at the time, so her liquid toot was easy to take care of, and she made it to the potty in time to do the rest of her business there.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha - "Mom I did a FOOT-LONG"??? Where did she get that from? Julia!?

    ReplyDelete