Friday, November 11, 2011

Interactions

Julia and Madeleine had a great play-date today with their friends Nate and Anja, keeping busy with such activities as building a library (by draping blankets over the little table) and hanging out underneath by flashlight, playing mommy to our various baby dolls, and riding bikes out in the driveway. In addition to their active play, both the older and younger sets of kids took the time to socially interact, providing us mommies the opportunity to overhear some amusing conversations. For example, while hanging out under the blankets in the library, Julia and Nate discussed the importance of transformers:

NATE: Julia, transformers are REAL! They're cars that turn into other kinds of things and they come and RESCUE people!
JULIA: Yeah, I know, one of those fell off from the power lines during the snowstorm right by my house and it caught on fire.
NATE: (in awe) What kind was it?
JULIA: I don't know, but my daddy went outside and saw it and he told me about it.

I wonder if Julia is now imagining the transformer that fell to have been a car that turned into the MAN OF FIRE in order to melt all the snow off of the road.

Madeleine and Anja had a slightly less intellectual conversation:

MADELEINE: Doh!
ANJA: (with glee) DOH!
MADELEINE: (giggling)
ANJA: (giggling)
MADELEINE: Doh!
ANJA: (still giggling)
MADELEINE: Anja, do it! Say 'doh!'
ANJA: DOH!
MADELEINE AND ANJA: (cracking up with wild abandon)

And on the subject of amusing conversations overheard, I was able to capture one on video last night. As Madeleine stuffed her face (way too) full of bread, she and Julia took turns telling knock-knock jokes. And let me tell you, they were mightily pleased with their own wit and unbridled humor:



Man, they are HILARIOUS. I think they really get the hang of how to tell a good knock-knock joke. Highball diaper PUMPKIN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Courtney I don't know how you held the camera straight during that knock knock series...I would have been doubled over laughing at all those witty punchlines! (I guess I'm Mom with this comment).

    ReplyDelete