Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peksie Girls

JULIA: Mom? What does "peksie" mean?
ME: "Peksie?" I've never heard of it. Why, where did you hear that?
JULIA: There's a kind of a puppet show, and there are these girls, and they sing, "Dunna Nunna Nunna Nunna, Peksie Girls! Peskie Girls! Dunna Nunna Nunna Nunna, Peskie Girls!"
ME: Oh, I see. Well, there's something called "Pepsi" that's a kind of soda, but I've never heard the word "peksie." I don't know what Peksie girls are.
JULIA: Peksie girls are these kind of girls who cut down a tree and put the tree in another soccer ball place in a soccer field and hang them up.

Aha, I see. For those of you wondering who it is hanging up a tree on a soccer field, now you know. It's the Peksie Girl.

3 comments:

  1. Nope. It was definitely peksie. Or peksy. Or however you would spell a word made up by a 4-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she mean Pesky's Pole because she's a burgeoning Red Sox fan?

    ReplyDelete