Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jealous Ariel

While Julia played in the bath this evening, I began preparing dinner in the adjoining kitchen, listening to her fantasy world conversations with her Ariel bath doll. Ariel seemed to be getting into some kind of a throwdown with another, invisible character, over the fact that Ariel sings too loud. I then heard, over and over again, Julia (as Ariel) belting and bellowing the following: "My maaaagic POWERS!!!"

"Mommy?" she called to me. "Do you hear Ariel singing so loud? Do you think you can even hear it all the way up in the bedroom?"
I assured her that Ariel's voice was likely carrying all the way up to the bedroom, and she explained to me, "They call her Jealous Ariel. Do you know why they call her that? Because she always has to sing so loud, and all the other sea animals sing quiet, and Ariel doesn't know why everyone is singing quiet, and she wants to sing loud, so she's JEALOUS."

Makes perfect sense, eh?
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you: JEALOUS ARIEL!:

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha. i yie yie - what a weirdo. i'm literally tearing up.

    HOW'S THAT FOR A DIFFERENT COMMENT ETHAN!? HUUHHH?? HUUUH?????

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to eat her face off?

    ReplyDelete