Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy half birthday, Baby Julia!

Today was Baby Julia's birthday party. She turned one and a half. Babies Boo-boo, Dashiell, Aria, Caroline, Madeleine, and the as-yet-unnamed Baby were in attendance. The party consisted of play-time, appetizers (or "free samples" as Julia called them when she gave me my free sample of play-food butter), a donut cake, and finally, the collective gathering of babies under the table to get their goody bags. If you think under the table is an interesting place to convene, you should see where the babies chose to hang out when the party first started:



Our family actually went to a real party this afternoon, as well. Ethan's company had a belated holiday party, so we got a chance to meet the various people he works with and their families. Because this event had lots of food, the kids had dinner there, and because all the food had cheese, I did not. When we got home, Ethan zipped out to pick up take-out for my dinner, and when we heard his car pulling back in the driveway, Julia went running to the back door to greet him. After doing so, she marched back into the living room to report the following to me: "Mommy, do you know what? I heard a noise and it was Daddy bringing the trash into the garage so I went running over to him with laughter and I said 'Hi Daddy!"

1 comment:

  1. And I wasn't invited to hang out with the babies in the play kitchen???? Ouch! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete