Saturday, January 22, 2011

More Julia says...

Some recent conversations with Julia:

#1

ME: Julia, can I have a hug?
JULIA: Uh, here Mom, I'll give you one quick hug, then I want to play with my ice cream set!
ME: Oh, okay.
JULIA: Okay, Mom, I'll get the ice cream, and you can be the patient. What flavor would you like?



#2

ME: sitting on the floor in the dining room playing with Madeleine.
JULIA: (pointing at my computer over on the table) Uh, Mom, don't you want to finish your Word Twist game?
ME: My Word Twist game? I finished that this morning.
JULIA: Oh. Uh, um, Mama? Well, this is my walking space.

Well, excuse me for daring to sit down in her walking space...



#3

JULIA: (handing me her Sleeping Beauty Polly Pocket) Mommy, can you take off her dress and put on this other dress?
ME: Sure.
JULIA: (singing) Hail to the Prince, hail to the Prince, hail to the Princess Auroraaaa!
ME: (taking the dress off of Aurora.)
JULIA: Uh-oh, she's NAKED!
ME: That's okay. I'm putting on her other dress.
JULIA: Naked to the Prince, naked to the prince, naked to the Princess Auroraaaaa!
ME: Julia, that's potty talk.
JULIA: But they just play it as a game. Sometimes they play naked body bathtub bone.

Um... yipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment