Wednesday, July 27, 2016

American Girls

A new American Girl catalog recently came in the mail, and after poring over it several times, Julia decided to create her own catalogue.  This catalogue not only has never-seen-before American Girl dolls, but also lots of new outfits and accessories!


American Girl
by Julia Cathryn Rowe

Or by the American Girl company.  But, hey, let's not let trademarks get in the way.



Behold the brand new look-alike dolls:
Doll 1: Light skin, raw umber hair, purple eyes
Doll 2: Red hair, green eyes, light skin, freckles
Doll 3: Dark brown hair, dark skin, grey-green eyes
Doll 4: Brown hair, brown eyes, medium skin
Doll 5: Blonde hair, Prussian blue eyes, light skin
Doll 6: Ocre hair, grey eyes, light skin, freckles
Doll 7: Black hair, dark skin, steel blue eyes
Doll 8: Dark brown hair, sky blue almond shaped eyes, medium skin
Doll 9: Golden hair, tan skin, brown eyes, freckles


Man, oh man, if this were a real catalogue I would have a hard time choosing my favorite doll.  Would I go for the one with raw umber hair, or Prussian blue eyes, or the combo of ocre hair, grey eyes, and freckles?  Too many choices!


Now for the outfits and accessories:
"Perfect time for a swim!"
A: Super swimteam outfit
B: Free swim fun outfit
C: Beach time outfit
D: Beachy set.  Includes a beach bag, sunglasses, pretend sunscreen, beach towel, and a pail and shovel.


Wow, that beachy set sounds awesome.  I sure am glad that Julia clarified that the sunscreen is pretend.  I would be pretty P.O.ed if I was expecting real sunscreen for my doll and nothing came out of the bottle.




"Holiday Time!"
A: Cute Christmas dress
B: Christmas tree cutour dress
C: Wintery white dress
D: Christmas set.  Includes: pretend Christmas tree, Christmas tree skirt, pretend present.

Again, thank you Julia, for affirming what is pretend.  If you hadn't clarified that, I would have been LIVID to receive a doll sized Christmas tree to put up in my living room.  And doubly livid when I realized there was nothing in the present.



"Cozy in Pajamas!"
A: Pinky plaid PJ's
B: Merry Christmas PJ's!
C: Daisy night gown
D: Sleepy time set.  Includes: Sleeping bag, pillow, pretend book, pretend popcorn.

Sign me up for a pair of pinky plaid PJ's, please!




"Happy Halloween!"
A: Wikid witch costume
B: Evil vampire costume
C: Happy Halloween outfit
D: Halloween set.  Includes: Jack-o-lantern bag, pretend piece of candy, flashlight


So, basically your choices are to get a bad guy (girl) costume, or to just dress your doll in an orange shirt and black skirt.  What if I want my doll to be a nice witch rather than a wikid witch?  Or a good vampire?



"Adventure is Everywhere!"
A: Cool camping outfit
B: Berry blue sneakers
C: Camping days outfit
D: Includes: 1 tent, 2 sleeping bags, 2 pretend thermos's, 2 sticks with marshmallows

Oooh, so the marshmallows aren't pretend??  I would totally order them just to eat them.  Also, in my admittedly limited camping experience, I have *always* worn my cool camping outfit, because that's what it's about, right?


Not to be outdone, Madeleine has started her own American Girl catalogue, although her progress is slower than Julia's.  Here's what she has so far:

"Amarican girl cataloge!"
Spring or summer outfit's
Jesica
Katy

I totally want Katy.  Especially if she comes with blue writing across her face.

1 comment:

  1. I might want a Wikid Witch costume or an Amarican doll! XO!

    ReplyDelete