Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend and After

The last few days have been busy but lots of fun for the kids!  On Saturday, we had Madeleine's birthday party, a plaster-painting party to suit our little artist.  While Madeleine painted a pair of ballet shoes to hang on her wall, Julia opted to paint a sweet-looking ice cream cone:






Don't mind the black blobs all over the scoop of ice cream.  It's just the words "Warning: Poisonous" painted across the cream, run all together because the paint was too drippy.  As I said, just a sweet old innocent ice cream cone, with nothing sinister about it at all.

On Sunday, we took a trip to the pumpkin patch at a church in town, and the girls got to pick out their soon-to-be jack-o-lanterns.  Julia picked a big, super squat, round pumpkin, while Madeleine fulfilled her pre-planned Halloween dream of snagging a white pumpkin.

MADELEINE: This year I'm gonna get a WHITE pumpkin!
ME: Why do you want a white pumpkin?  To make it be a ghost?
MADELEINE: Um, no, I want a white pumpkin and I'm gonna carve a MERMAID on it.

Oh, yeah.  That's totally what you do with a white pumpkin.  Silly me, thinking of a ghost.


At any rate, the fun and celebratory weekend had to come to an end, but the girls both had a great day at school today, so we didn't have too many Monday blues.  Julia especially enjoyed music class at school today, and was thrilled to demonstrate a Hawaiian song they learned.  Unfortunately, while she was enthusiastic for me, she was awfully shy for the camera, so this was the best I could get:




With the weather turning cold and rainy over the past few days, I think we could all use a little taste of Hawaii right about now.  Thanks for transporting me there, Jules!!

No comments:

Post a Comment