Saturday, October 10, 2015

Favorite Songs

This evening at bedtime, Madeleine and I discussed her favorite song.

MADELEINE: I can't really choose one favorite song, because Mama?  I really love songs.
ME: What are SOME of your favorite songs?
MADELEINE: Mmmm...well, "Pinball Wizard," and "Little Miss S."
ME: Anything else?  Any songs by the Beatles?
MADELEINE: I thought "Little Miss S" is by the Beatles.
ME: Nope, it's not.
MADELEINE: Well, then what songs are by the Beatles?
ME: Oh, lots!  "Hide Your Love Away," "I'm Looking Through You," "Let it Be," "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"....
MADELEINE: Oh yeah, I really love those songs.
ME: (listing other Beatles songs)
MADELEINE: And I also like that song that gets louder and louder at the end until it sounds like SCREAMING.
ME: What song?  Do you remember what words they're screaming?
MADELEINE: I can't remember, but Mama?  How I picture it is like little WORM FINGERS getting BIGGER and BIGGER, and the worm fingers are PINK, like really light pink that they're almost PEACH, and they have FACES, but no nose, and no hair.  And there's one really LITTLE worm finger, and one really BIG worm finger, and a medium worm finger. 

Oh.  Okay.  That's a totally normal image to have when listening to a song.

ME: Can you hum some of it for me?
MADELEINE: I can't really remember how it goes.
ME: Is it girls singing or boys?
MADELEINE: I think it's a boy.
ME: And you picture worm fingers?
MADELEINE: Mmm-hmm.
ME: Lots of worm fingers?
MADELEINE: Maybe, like, fourteen or thirteen.  Maybe, like, eleven or twelve.  I think maybe twelve.

Believe it or not, I was able to correctly identify the song.  Anyone want to take a guess before I give the answer away?

2 comments:

  1. Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Jude, Judie, Judie, Judie, Judie Judie, Judie?

    ReplyDelete