Saturday, December 27, 2014

Julia's Christmas Present for Madeleine

Julia was certainly a busy bee in the month before Christmas.  Here is her wonderful gem of a book for Madeleine:

Danny and the Suculante Strawberry
By Julia Rowe


For my sister
A play I made up with her

"Once upon a time there was a girl named Danny.  She alwayes wore purpule pajamas and a pink tutu."

(Apparently this "play" was a pretend game that Julia and Madeleine had done together, because Madeleine totally recognized the title and the plot.  "Oh, yeah, the succulent strawberry!" she exclaimed when I sat down to read it to her.)


"One day, when Danny was out walking, she came upon a suculante strawberry.  She sniffed it, and fell asleep.  The next morning, there was a purple bear in front of her.  She ran all the way home.  'Please,' the little bear said.  'I just want to be your friend.'  'All right,' said Danny.  They played often, untill one day, they came upon the succulante strawberry.  She sniffed it, and fell asleep."



"The next day, when Danny woke up, she was face to face with an orange bear.  'Will you be my friend?'  'Yes,' said Danny.  Until they came to the suculante strawberry.  She snif- Oh!  You know what she did! And when she woke up the
next day, there was a green bear staring at her.  They became friends, but they came axross the suculante strawberry.  (Don't make me say what Danny did.)"


"And when she woke up there was a monkey face to face with her.  'I will be your friend because I love monkeys,' Danny said.  'And I will too!' said the monkey.  They came upon the suculante strawberry again.  But this time..."


"She picked it up and through it into the river.  And they all lived happily ever after.  THE END."


Good choice, Danny!  Way to not get fooled by the suculante strawberry yet again!  And sticking with the monkey is a wise option.  I'd take a monkey over a bear as a friend any day.  Mainly for the fact that the bear might eat me and the monkey probably wouldn't.

And good job, Julia, on yet another amazing read!



1 comment: