Thursday, December 11, 2014

Birthday and Christmas

Today is chihuahua Clara's birthday, and Madeleine decided it wouldn't be a birthday without a birthday cake.

She dragged a chair up to the kitchen counter, got the mixing bowl, and began adding her own ingredients to make a cake.  Doesn't this look appetizing??:


Water, cut up chicken thigh, and strawberries.  Yummy in my tummy!

Madeleine next added some banana slices, but I stopped her at this point:

MADELEINE: (gazing at the bagels I just recently bought) Uh, do you think Clara would like a whole wheat bagel??

So after letting Clara eat some banana and chicken, I decided to re-direct Madeleine's baking interest and enlist her help as I began my holiday baking.  Together we made four dozen sugar cookies, which seemed to satisfy her need to be productive in the kitchen.

Madeleine has been productive in other Christmassy ways as well.  Just take a look at her Christmas elephants!  Nothing says Christmas like an elephant with a bow, am I right??:



Madeleine has also been busy singing carols, or perhaps I should say her OWN version of carols.  Last night she serenaded Auntie Shannon with her unique take on "The Twelve Days of Christmas."  Not only is there a partidge jingle pear tree, but there are three french fries in this version.  How creative!:




I gotta say, between Clara's cake, the carols, and the Christmas elephants, things are feeling MIGHTY festive here in the Rowe household!

No comments:

Post a Comment