Monday, December 22, 2014

Fashion Drawings and a Party

Today Madeleine made all kinds of drawings for her so-called "fashion pictures," including these:

 A Cowboy Jesus-Star Fashion Picture


and:
"My first Jesus Fashion Picture!"


You may notice the Jesus theme here.  Madeleine has been on a total Jesus kick today.  In fact, when she came to cuddle with me on the couch, she insisted on getting her stuffed Jesus so He could join the snuggles too.

Even though Jesus was snuggling with us, Madeleine decided that she still has a special place in her heart for her dear old mom too.

MADELEINE: Mama, I love you.  I just LOVE snuggling with my favorite person!
ME: I'm your favorite person?  Awww.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  Mama.  It goes Heaven, to TOYS, to Christmas tree, to Jesus, to China.
ME: What does?
MADELEINE: How I just love you ALL OVER THE PLACE!

I can't believe she even loves me all the way to Christmas tree!


After our snuggles, Madeleine decided that even though Christmas is Jesus' birthday, He opted to have His party today.  She even made a cake and set Jesus up in the place of honor at the dining room table:







MADELEINE: And Mama?  Because His mouth is STITCHES, uh, *I* will have to blow out the candle for Him.



After the candle was blown out, we were all able to dig into our cake.

It turns out Jesus does NOT have very good table manners. He was gobbling up the contents of His black cauldron so ravenously that the cauldron was practically covering His face:



Things ALMOST turned into a disaster when Madeleine couldn't seem to balance all four ice cream scoops on a cone without everything falling over.  After the umpteenth time of spilling plastic ice cream scoops all over the floor, Madeleine was ready to give up.

MADELEINE: ARRRGGGHHH!  This is Jesus' WORST birthday EVER!  (resigned and sorrowful) I'm sorry, everybody, but we're going to have to cancel the party.  A party just ISN'T a party without dessert.


Aw HAILS no.  I was not gonna let Jesus miss out on His birthday party.  In I swooped, to the rescue, and balanced the ice cream scoops for Madeleine and Jesus.  All was once again right with the party and the world. 

To quote Madeleine, who has given Jesus a new nickname: Happy Birthday, Jeezy!

1 comment:

  1. Jeezy X. The great civil rights leader. And Christ figure to boot!

    ReplyDelete