Monday, December 8, 2014

Ethan's Makeover

After my grandmother called me today wanting to know who the other woman in our family Christmas card was, I decided that Ethan needs a haircut.

As I was laughing about this to him at dinner, Madeleine decided to put her two cents in.

MADELEINE: Uh, Mama?  Tell Daddy that he should get it cut to HERE (drawing her finger horizontally across her mid-forehead.)  Because...sometimes a curly LONG piece falls down and it looks WEIRD.

As if being mistaken for a woman and being told he looks weird isn't confidence-boosting enough for Ethan, he got to hear Julia's comments on his hair as he combed his hands through its long thick curls.

JULIA: You look like an OLD MAN like that!
ME: Usually old men have way LESS hair than that.
JULIA: (amending her previous observation) Uh...you look like a CRAZY VAMPIRE!

Before I knew it, Madeleine had taken matters into her own hands.  She decided it was high time to brush and comb Daddy's hair to make it look better.







I hope that when the girls are grown and they look back at this picture, they realize what a wonderful and patient father they have.

1 comment: