Monday, October 20, 2014

HDMI1

I am realizing that my kids are already more tech savvy than I'll ever be.  They both know how to use the various tv/internet remotes better than I do.

Which means that we inevitably have moments during which my children are speaking what sounds like a foreign language to me.

JULIA: (after pressing "Source" on the cable remote) Ugh!  We never have HDMI1 anymore!  It just WENT away!  Mommy?  I don't know how to get HDMI1 back.
ME: Uh, try clicking on HDMI2.
JULIA: No, HDMI2 is for the ROKU!

HDMI2 is for the ROKU.  I feel like I'm C3PO talking to R2D2.

I couldn't figure out how to get HDMI1 back.  Even after Julia gave me a suggestion that would use yet more technology.

JULIA: Well, should you just TEXT Daddy about it??

Luckily, when Daddy got home, he, the technological king that he is, was able to make HDMI1 come back for the girls.  What would we do without someone to rescue us from our tv/internet streaming disaster?  Seriously, like, read a book or something archaic like that??

At least all the tv watching hasn't dulled their imaginations any.  Julia described a recent dream to me:

JULIA: I had a dream that I was in Level Five swim lessons, and we jumped into the water, and I saw someone treading water, and I thought it was Madeleine, and it wasn't, and my teacher was like, "Okay, guys," and we had to train, like, POLAR animals, with a partner, and we had a polar bear, and the group next to us had a WALRUS, and we were like, "I hope they don't fight!"

And Madeleine gave me her own two cents on the ending to the Barbie movie she watched this evening:

MADELEINE: Mama?  If WE lived in that world, and somebody took MY magic away, I wouldn't care!
ME: You wouldn't?  Why not?
MADELEINE: (brightly) Because.  I don't need magic.  I just want a TAIL.

Yeah, why would *anybody* choose to have magic if they could have a tail instead??

So, as you can see, even with all their technological abilities, the girls are still just as capable of escaping into la-la land as always!

1 comment: