Sunday, March 30, 2014

Just a Normal Old Day

Just some normal dinner time conversation:

MADELEINE: Okay, Julia, are you ready?  I'll count to THREE!
JULIA: I don't even know what I'm supposed to DO, Madeleine.
MADELEINE: You have to try and hold your breath for TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES!
JULIA: (with disdain) No one can do that, Madeleine.
MADELEINE: Yes they can.  Watch!  I'm an EXPERT at doing it! (holding her breath and puffing out her cheeks)
JULIA: (nervously) Don't do it Madeleine!  Madeleine!  Madeleine!  (becoming frantic) Madeleine, will you PLEASE just take a breath?!?  MADELEINE!

(I should point out that Julia was in hysterics over this after Madeleine had held her breath for about 3 seconds.  And by "holding her breath," I mean keeping her mouth closed and puffing out her cheeks while continuing to breathe through her nose.)


Just some normal bedtime conversation:

MADELEINE: Mama?  Is the voice who does Princess Luna named Courtney?
ME: Uh...I don't think so.  Why?
MADELEINE: Because...it sounds like it's Courtney.
ME: What do you mean?
MADELEINE: Because she talks like this: (launching into an imitation of Princess Luna's voice) She defeated herself!
ME: And why does that sound like her name is Courtney?
MADELEINE: Well, because...she kind of sounds like she's YOU.

Yup, Madeleine figured me out.  All this time I have been voicing the part of Princess Luna on "My Little Pony."  Now my secret is out.


Just some normal tv watching attire:






Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, you even have a Wiki page about you! http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Luna

    ReplyDelete