Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Camileya Continues

Well, folks, if you have been desperately waiting to Meet Camileya a little further, you are in luck!  The author has made further progress in her book, completing chapter one and commencing work on chapter two.  To get you all caught up, I will pick up from where we last left off:

Chapter 1: "Invited to the Ball"


"Camileya can't you here anything?  Get some apples.'  Camileya Mersinman was siting on the grownd with her sister Elexsa.  'Sorry Elexsa but the decorashon's Muther put up are just so livly.'  'Well I cold ask Jasper to get apple's.'  Before Elexsa could say one more word Camileya ran out the door.  'CAMILEYA YOU FORGOT YOUR BASKIT!'  'Oup's' cried Camileya.  She got her baskit and ran down to the apple tree."

Aw, man, typical Camileya.  So wrapped up in day-dreaming about the livly decorashon's that Muther put up that she didn't even hear Elexsa tell her to get some apples.  And then she goes running out and forgets her baskit??  Get with the program, Camileya!


"Camileya alway's clim'd to the top of the tree becuse the josist apple's were ther.  Theis will be the perfik't apple's for apple siter.  She disidid to have just one.  Oh how it was so delishis.  Than she reimembird why she was thair."

Sheesh, Camileya, you're not redeeming yourself much here.  Now you're getting distracted by the josy, delishis apple's and eating them instead of gathering some for Elexsa.  Maybe Elexsa SHOULD have sent Jasper out to pick them.

(On a side note, I've come to the conclusion that Julia REALLY loves her some apostrophes.)


"When she was done she heriyd back home.  'Elexsa!' exklaimd Camileya.  Elexsa's cheik's were pink with exsitman't.  'Oh Camileya you were invited to a ball!'  Camileya piksherd a ball in her heid.  'Camileya can you go to the market your father will pick one out with you,' said her Muther."

HOW EXSITING!  An invitation to the ball!  I don't know about you, but I too have alwyas piksherd a ball in my heid.  And I am *guessing* that Camileya is not headed to the market to pick out a BALL, but to pick out a gown.  Sneaky Julia, leaving us to figure that out for ourselves.


"Wich one is a fine one for you my Camileya?'  Just than she saw the most elikant dres in the world.  'That one,' she said.  'It is lovely, but it's 600 doler's.  Oh,' she felt the eligant silk.  'If only I could by it!"

Wow.  And elikant dress made of eligant silk!  No wonder she wants to by it!  But seriously, 600 doler's is way too much to spend on a dress for the ball.  Poor Camileya; what a roller coaster of emotions in such a short time.  First the exsitmant of getting an invitation to the ball, then the big let-down over the most elikant dress in the world.


"Well I think I'll were my old pink dres with a shinie purpe boe.'  'Well that is a fine dress Camie.  But waite.  You are going to a ball so I shall call you Camileya!"

(JULIA: Mom?  You know how in "Felicity," she has a NICKNAME?  So, I decided that Camileya is going to have a nickname too and people call her CAMIE!
ME: Sounds good.
JULIA: But Mom?  COULDN'T Camie be a nickname for Camileya?
ME: Yes, it could.
JULIA: But Mom?  Do you think Camie is a GOOD nickname for Camileya?
ME: I think it's GREAT.)

Well, at least the old pink dres with the shinie purpe boe looks awfully pretty, despite its being old.  I know that Camie - oh, waite, she's going to a ball so I should call her CAMILEYA - is disappointed not to get the elikant green dress, but the pink one doesn't look half bad to me.


Chapter 2: "Flowers"

"Camileya was out in the garden sewing.  Camileya injuyd the sun beiring on her face.  She was with her best friend Lila."

I also injuy the sun beiring on my face.  I wish we could see a little more of it lately.  Maybe I should be out sewing with Camileya and Lila in their nice, sunny, warm world.






"CAMIE!  CAMIE!' it was Jasper calling to her.  Follow'd by muther who was holeding Clara then Father and the Elexsa.  'What?'  'LOOK!  LOOK!' shouted Elexsa.  Then she saw the most betiful flower's in the hole world.  'Where did they come from?' ask't Camileya.  'Oh ther butiful,' said Lila.  'Can we pick them?' ask't Lila.  'Oh can we muther can we?'  'That is up to you,' she said.  'I supuse they are redy to be pick't and be in a vase."

Julia was VERY proud of her drawing of these butiful (or is it betiful?) flowers, and I don't blame her.  If I saw the flowers she drew out in my backyard, I would want to pick them too.


"Lila and Camileya pick't almost all the flower's there were.  'Oh Camie you are so luky to have a gardan and a grenn house.'  'You also have lovely things that I also want,' said Camileya."

Oh, BUMMER!  We have to stop there??  Not even a picture?  Julia better get back to work on this book when she gets home from school, because I'm desperate to find out what happens next!  And if you, like me, can't wait to hear what happens with the elikant green dress, I'll reassure you.  I have direct word from the author that the dress will wind up getting marked down from 600 to 6 dolers, so chances are good Camie will be able to afford it.  If not, some other girl better snatch it up, because that is a HECK of a discount.


To help keep you all at bay as you wait for the resolution of Camileya's story, I will share some of Madeleine's latest drawings.

I'm pretty sure this is Elsa weeping for her ice-statue sister Anna in "Frozen."  I do NOT, however, know why there is a decapitated blonde head floating around in the air.




Happy smiling people standing on their feet and on their hands.




Again, I'd be willing to bet that this is Olaf from "Frozen"; why his mouth is open in sheer and utter terror is beyond me.


And now for the creep factor drawings:





What.  the.  Shudder.


No words.
I'm frightened.






No comments:

Post a Comment