Saturday, March 15, 2014

Classwork and Drawings

Julia came home from school recently with this ABC chart:


The students had to think up a word that began with each letter.  I have to say, I like Julia's choices.  I can guess that "bonat" was inspired by Julia's American Girl reading, because Felicity wears a bonat.  I especially like that Julia chose "disco ball" for "D."  That's a WAY more interesting choice than something like "dog," which is what I probably would have done.  "Pine niddel" for "P" is pretty clever too.  My favorites might be the various animals, though.  The wolras that's smashing his head into the barrier between "W" and "X" is pretty awesome.  The zebbra and the yak facing each other, giving each other the stare-down might be the best ones, though.


Madeleine also made some very sweet artwork recently.  When I picked her up from the child care room at the Y yesterday, she proudly presented me with a picture, exclaiming, "I thought you might like this!"  Behold, a Hello Kitty picture dedicated to her family members:


I particularly like the fact that Madeleine is still compelled to give Hello Kitty a mouth.


At least we can see that Madeleine is capable of producing happy, innocent artwork, because the rest of her drawings from yesterday were TOTAL creep fests:









OH MY GOD.  Nightmares.

2 comments: