Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Excitement

Now that Halloween is in the past, Julia is moving on to Thanksgiving-themed artwork and pretend-play games.  Today she drew a slew of Thanksgiving pictures, including the following:


This is truly a perfect capturing of the Thanksgiving history.  Because we all know that the Native Americans and the Pilgrims were fast and dear friends, and nobody killed anybody else with smallpox-infested blankets or anything.

Julia was so deeply in the Thanksgiving spirit that she decided to be play "Native Americans" out in the backyard today.  Thankfully, her kindergarten extended day program had done an extensive unit on Native American culture last year, so Julia's game was much more accurate than doing tomahauk chops and war cries.  Julia even constructed her own tee-pee, as well as a bow and arrow that she wore around her neck so she could hunt wild game.  She foraged for berries in our woods, and even filled a pail of water from the "creek" (aka our bathroom sink) to keep her fellow tribes-folk hydrated.



Running Buffalo in her tee-pee

(Running Buffalo was Julia's Native American name last year at school during the aforementioned unit.  Shortly after reclaiming that name today, she decided to change it to Swimming Beluga Whale.)

Madeleine has no interest in Thankgiving, and continues to hold fast to Halloween, insisting that the holiday is not past.

And in other Madeleine news, she found something in the bathroom drawer this evening that she believed to be a blush brush (mainly because from far away, that's what it looked like to me when she asked about it.)  After brushing both her cheeks, Madeleine was ready to look in the mirror and admire herself.  As I came closer to help lift her up to the mirror, I realized that what she was holding was not, in fact, a blush brush, but was instead the attachable suppository head to my Preparation H hemorrhoid creme.  So, let's just say the face is the wrong end of the body to be touching with that thing.  (Thankfully, it is a virgin suppository head, so it has not actually been used in the way it's supposed to be used.)

Well, after that very revealing story about my hemorrhoid issue, I'm kind of at a loss over what else to say here, folks.  I guess I'll sign off and go hide out with Swimming Beluga Whale in the tee-pee until I regain my dignity.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized I taught her to hold the bow and arrow wrong (backwards). Goes to show you how much I know about weapons and hunting!

    ReplyDelete