Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday School and Other Church Art

Today at Sunday school, the girls made a project by tracing their hands, cutting them out, gluing them to construction paper, and then listing the people they're praying for on each finger.

Julia made sure to include all her loved ones:

People I'm praying for: Mommy, Daddy, Yiayia, Grampa, God, Sister, Nana, Gramps, my teichers, friend



Madeleine was much less altruistic:
People I'm praying for: Madeleine

Hey, what can I say, she's looking out for number one!

After Sunday school, the girls got to come up in the choir loft with me while I had a rehearsal for our upcoming Christmas concert.  While the girls were generally on the best behavior I could expect from kids, there were a few choice interruptions and distractions that I could have done without.

Particularly this one:

MADELEINE: (as the choir was about to sing) Mama?  Mama?  I think I just need to go push out one PLOP of poop!

So I did what any caring and involved parent would do: I sent my near 7-year-old down to the bathroom to monitor my 4-year-old while she attempted her one plop of poop, and then I proceeded to sing with the choir in a half-panic, wondering if Madeleine would return covered in poop.

Luckily, my fear was unfounded.  The girls paraded back upstairs to the loft a few minutes later, and Madeleine announced triumphantly, "It was just a TOOT!"

I'm sure the choir was glad to be updated on Madeleine's potty progress.

Throughout the rest of the rehearsal, Julia occupied herself by drawing one Native American picture after another.  She even gave them names:

Red Baerys and Runny Horse

(I wonder if Runny Horse does runny trots.  Or maybe he just toots like Madeleine)


Meanwhile, Madeleine continues to buck the Thanksgiving tradition by changing into Halloween-themed clothes upon returning home from church:






The Rowe household: where it's NEVER a bad time to get in the Halloween spirit!






1 comment:

  1. thanks a lot nieces - yeesh! can't depend on either of you for prayers I guess!

    Ethan looks so skinny in the background of the picture with Madeleine in her halloween outfit.

    ReplyDelete