Sunday, November 24, 2013

New Book in the Works!

Julia has begun work on a new book, which is currently unfinished, but off to a VERY promising start.  From its catchy title to its detailed illustrations, this book is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser:

A Christmas Chill and a Sleepover with Lil
by Julia Rowe


Pg. 1:
"Lil olways wontid a Barbie doll for Christmas."
Wow.  You can actually SEE how badly Lil wonts a Barbie doll.  Look at the electrical current in the air around her shooting like sparks out of her body; she must be literally burning with desire for a doll!


However...
Pg. 2:
"But she love'd what Santo brot for her."
Well, I'm glad that Lil has such a good attitude about Christmas.  Even though she olways wontid a Barbie, she seems open to the idea of NOT getting a Barbie, because she knows she'll still love wahtever Santo brings her.  I know that when I was a child, *I* always loved what Santo brot me.  He olways seemed to find the perfect gifts.  What a guy, that Santo Claus.


Pg. 3:
"Lil ask't her friend Mulisa if she had a Christmas list yet."
Oh boy!  I can't wait to hear what Mulisa ask't Santo for.  What sorts of toys has SHE olways wontid??


Pg. 4:
"But insted she ask't Mulisa for a sleepover."
Oh.  Wait.  So we DON'T get to find out what Mulisa ask't Santo for?  Wow, way to lead me down a false path, Julia!  Here I was, thinking Lil and Mulisa were going to discuss their Christmas lists, and then - BAM! - Julia hits me with this whole sleepover thing.  NOW where is the plot going to take us??


Pg. 5:
"Mandy, Lil's sister, said that they whear spending Christmas with thar cosans."
Ooh.  Cool.  Christmas with the cosans!  I always LOVED spending time with my cosans over Christmas vacation.  But will Lil feel the same way?




Pg. 6:
"I'm having a sleepover,' said Lil.  'Fine,' said Mandy.  She turnd on her heel and whent off."
WOAH.  Now things are gettin' REAL.  So, wait, what's the issue?  Did Lil want to have her sleepover with Mulisa on Christmas?  Wouldn't Mulisa's parents kind of want to have Mulisa at home for Christmas?  And WHAT is with the crabby sister, turning on her heel and storming off just because Lil is having a sleepover?  Wow - emotions have suddenly hit the ROOF!  What will happen next???

Unfortunately, Julia leaves us hanging on a cliff here, as this is the last page she has written so far. 

What will happen with Lil and her cosins for Christmas?  Will Mulisa get to come over for a sleepover??  And, most importantly, will Santo bring Lil what she olways wantid?  Stay tuned for the conclusion of this AMAZING new holiday book, "A Christmas Chill and a Sleepover With Lil!" 







4 comments:

  1. I think I get it! Mandy is the Christmas chill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what a good drawer Julia is with the "she turned on her heel and walked off" picture! I mean, she just wrote that and then she drew that picture and it came out SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think that Lil is a bit naughty and not nice for want to have a sleepover right before Christmas. So, I don't blame Mandy! I hope that they all can be together for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete