Monday, June 17, 2013

Songs and Poems

Anxious to be just like her sister, Madeleine put on an assembly today in our dining and living rooms, singing the exact same songs that Julia and her fellow kindergarteners performed at their recent assembly:

First up was "Rainbow Connection," which got temporarily stuck on a repetitive loop:




Next was "What's a Friend For":




Madeleine finished off her assembly with "One Small Voice":





Meanwhile, Julia got busy writing a new book of poems, her self-described "gentle" poems.  Some of these gentle poems include:


Gentle Snow
"Gentle snow fall fram my windo wiyled wind erth love togethre."
Niiice alliteration in the middle of that one, Jules!


Relaxsing
"I relaxs by a rainbow and I begin to see the divrit colrs."
I kind of wish I was relaxsing by a rainbow right now.  That girl looks so happy.  Although I, personally, don't find standing all that relaxsing.  I think I would lay down by a rainbow instead.


I  Clos My Eyes
"I clos my eyes and kiss my teddy baar and I wispre good nigt."
Wow, that's a pretty big teddy baar she sleeps with.  It's nearly 75% of her own height.  No wonder she can get to sleep so easily with a ginormous, soft cuddly friend in her bed.  I'm a little worried that her crooked dresser is going to fall over and crush her in her sleep, though.

I guess Julia started to run out of gentle ideas, because as her book went on, the themes became less peace & love, as is the case in this poem:


End of Story
"Big Sis you hert my filings you brock my hart good by end of story."
Yeah!  Talk to the HAND, big sis.

Speaking of big sis, Madeleine felt compelled to sit down and draw a picture of a rainbow while Julia was illustrating "Relaxsing."  Here is Madeleine's girl relaxsing by a rainbow:


Those are some scary looking arms on this girl here.  And what's that off to the left of the rainbow?  A tornado??

BTW, Madeleine had asked me how to spell "rainbow," then she wrote the word in perfectly formed capital letters at the top of the page.  However, she felt compelled to erase and try again after lamenting that, "But Maaamaaa!  Julia is using LOWER-CASE letters!"  As we all know, if it doesn't come out EXACTLY like Julia's, it is WORTHLESS.

End of STORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment