Friday, February 22, 2013

More Library Books

Per Auntie Shannon's request, here is a look at another of Julia's library books, "I Still Sit On This Egg."  And be sure to stay alert, for Julia has an added element in this story: "Mom, so, I'm making this book have, like, a HIDDEN PATTERN in it."  See if you can figure it out!

pgs. 1-2:
"Well a new mathr brae would like me to sit on hr egg.  So I sat thar all day and nigt."
It's hard to tell, from both the spelling and the drawing, what *exactly* a brae is, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's a bird.


pgs. 3-4:
"Wall [not to be confused with "whale"] I sat on the same tree and as the days got dorcr it began to get coldr."


pgs. 5-6:
"As I sit on this same old tree.  And the snow is now her."


pgs. 7-8:
"As I sat and I sat on the same old tree.  And I was so bord."
Man, this poor girl.  No wonder she's bord.  It's kind of obnoxious of that mothr brae to leave for so long and expect someone else to just hang out on the same old tree.
By the way - has anyone discovered the "hidden pattern" yet???


pgs. 9-10:
"As in the tree.  O when will I have fun?"
Yeah!  O when will this poor girl get to go down a slide again?  Hurry up, mothr brae!


pgs. 11-12:
"As I sat on the tree.  Then the brae came back."
O, hallelujah!  The brae is FINALLY back.  The girl is free!  But...


pg. 13:
"And a grl came out."
Ha!  Take THAT, mothr brae!  If you're going to abandon your egg for that long, and presumptuously expect a girl to sit on the egg as the nights grow dorcr and coldr, then your baby is going to be a girl-brae hybrid!  Huzzah!


In case you haven't picked this up yet from previous posts, Julia is taking her library idea *very* seriously.  She has even gone to the effort of creating library cards for all those near and dear to her.  My job is to distribute the cards to the crowds pouring in on the day of her grand opening (date: TBD.)  For now, I have the library cards in a sealed envelope for safe-keeping:






Still on the fence over whether or not to visit this upcoming library?  Here is another incentive: Julia has expanded her library to include foreign texts, with her brand new book "Untu Omakkya," or "My Hero," written in the language of "Rina":





Julia gave me an extensive pronunciation lesson on this new language, correcting my attempts at the various foreign words until I could speak without a hint of an American accent.  And if you're daunted by the foreign nature of this book, don't worry: Julia will be there to coach you, as well, if you choose to select this book from her library.

JULIA: So, Mom, on the day of my LIBRARY, do you think I should, like, TEACH people how to say these words before they check it out?  Because, like, do you think people would really want to check this out if they don't KNOW how to say the words?

As soon as the library is open for business, I will let you all know.

And in the meantime, all I have left to say is this: "As I sat on that same old tree."






3 comments:

  1. That book is liked by Shannon Elf!

    Am I an idiot that I don't know what the hidden pattern is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more of a refrain. "As I sat on that same old tree" every other page or so.

      Delete