Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard Continued...

Another house-bound day, thanks to Blizzard Nemo.  Because of the Boston State of Emergency and driving ban, we wouldn't have been able to go anywhere today, even if we could have gotten our car out of the garage (which we couldn't):






The girls came up with all kinds of wild and crazy ways to entertain themselves during the day, including this super-structure Madeleine built:

I know, I know, it's totally obvious what this is, and you don't even need any explanation, but just in case, I'll fill you in: it's a Barbie cave, designed to hide the Barbies from the dragon that was trying to capture them.  I don't know where the dragon is.  I never saw him, but Madeleine was so convinced of his impending arrival that she made sure to hide Genevieve, Cinderella, and Grace in a secure spot so that they wouldn't be abducted:





Julia spent a lot of the morning working on new books, including this very blizzard-appropriate story:

"Its Cold Out" by Julia Rowe.

 pg. 1:


"Its vary cold out."  This is a true statement.  It is vary cold here.  The temps this morning hadn't even reached 20.  I think Julia may be influenced by her school unit on non-fiction books, because this one pretty much holds true to our blizzard experience.

 pg. 2:


"Today we can mack cookys."  As you may have seen on yesterday's blog post, we did indeed mack cookys as part of our indoor snow day entertainment.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of cookys they are macking in Julia's book, because we definitely didn't use anything blue or green in our cooky macking, but I'm sure theirs came out as yummy as ours did.

 pg. 3:

"And play in the snow today to."  I totally dig this girl's hat.  I have GOT to get me a top hat like that to wear out in the snow.

 pg. 4:

"And rede snow books to and woch snow moves to."  Again, true.  Not only did Madeleine's dream come true this morning, with the woching of "Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings," but the girls are currently hunkered down on the couch, cozy with blankets and bowls of popcorn, woching a post-snow-play afternoon move.




pg. 5:
"O I love cold days to now."  I can't say that I love cold days to, but I am at least glad that Julia can take some enjoyment out of this extremely cold and snowy winter we're having.


Although she wasn't loving the cold TO much when we were outside playing earlier.  I think the kids were so excited about the snow that they didn't realize you can't actually play in snow that's two feet deep.  After sinking into snow piles and getting snow down their boots and shirts, the girls got awfully chilly awfully quickly, but that didn't stop them from enjoying a brief snowy adventure:









How do you all feel, blog-readers?  Those of you who also got hit by the blizzard, are you happy about the snow?  Those who live in more temperate climates, are you jealous of all our snow, or relieved to have escaped it?  Are you all feeling the same as Julia?  O do you all love cold days to now??



2 comments:

  1. Well, I AM kinda jealous. But I also loved the 65 degree weather and sun here to now. And I made cookys myself today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you made cookys today. hooray yay yay yay! see my cookys to now?

      Delete