Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another New Book

Julia has written about six thousand new books lately, so instead of displaying them all, I will instead show my current favorite.

I believe this must have been inspired by "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and its subsequent sequels:

"If a Mose Gets To Your Hose" by Julia Rowe.
(Translation into standard English: "If a Mouse Gets To Your House")
I have absolutely no idea why Julia also wrote "Brbe in a Mrmd Tale 2" on the cover.  I don't see much relation between a mose and Brbe Mrmd, but maybe that's just me.


Pg. 1:

"If a mose gets to your hose you'll hafe to run and skrm."
I like the fact that the mouse in this picture is a bi-ped and holds his arms and fingers out to both sides just like the girl does.  Seeing a mouse of that size, standing on two legs, would DEFINITELY make me run and skrm.


Pg. 2
"and then you mack him same food to eat."
That is *undoubtedly* the logical next step.  I mean, I know that whenever I go to someone's house, after I mack him or her run and skrm, (s)he always macks me same food to eat afterwards.


Pg. 3
"no that is not what you do you mack him a bed."
That's right!  You DON'T mack him some food to eat.  Duh.  You mack him a bed.  (That bed looks suspiciously like a jail cell.  Or a mousetrap.)


Pg. 4
"It is hot so he will let it diye."  (That would be "let it dry," according to the author's read-aloud.  Julia sure is sending some morbid subliminal messages in this book.)


Pg. 5

"O I love you as a pet little mose in my hose."
Aww!  What a sweet ending.  I'm so glad that after she had to run and skrm, the girl decided that she loves her little mose pet.  What a happy resolution that she was able to mack friends with him.  I hope they lived happily ever after!






2 comments:

  1. I can't tell what cracks me up more - the story itself or your commentary. She's so cute. But what is the thing in the second to last picture? A dryer? I mean a diyer? Also, when something's hot don't you want to let it cool, not diye? Maybe not if you're a mose in a hose...maybe then you just do things a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice ending although one I don't personally agree with. Unfortunately, Yiayia didn't want to keep one mouse for a pet. A few years with Fee changed that outcome. XOXO, Love, Yiayia

      Delete