Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unicornio on the Potty

As Madeleine sat pooping on the potty this afternoon, with all of her clothes off, of course, she had a long, extended pretend-play conversation between Unicornio and the Belle sticker on Unicornio's saddle.  Just to clear things up, it turns out that in Madeleine's fantasy world, the sticker is actually Belle, incarnate.

Unicornio.


Belle.

Here's a snippet of all the on-the-potty drama and excitement:

UNICORNIO: Oh, no, I'm STUCK! 
BELLE STICKER: You can FLY!
UNICORNIO: Nope, it can't be done.  (breaking into song) Unicorns can fly around the world!  Oh!  Justified it!  That's what they dooooooooo!  And it's JUSTIFIED it, nobody can't, that's the one unicorn can dooooooo!  So you can flah, flah, flah, flah, and it's day JUSTIFIED it!  No one can BEEEEEEEEEE!  Can flyyyyy!  Can flyyyyy!  Can GIIIIIIRLLLLLL!
BELLE STICKER: Oh!  Well, that's a good SONG! 
UNICORNIO: I'm Unicornio!
BELLE STICKER: You're my friend.
UNICORNIO: I'm your friend?
BELLE STICKER: Mmm-hmmm!  Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmm, mmm-hmm!
UNICORNIO: Wow!  That's a GOOD spell!  On my friends and me!  In my BELLY BELLY BELLY BELLY BELLY!  Tummy tummy tummy tummy TUM-TUM-TUM!  (singing) That's the work!  Unicorns can fly!  Can you doooo it?  Fly your body in the mooooorning!
BELLE STICKER: That's a good song! 
UNICORNIO: (more singing) Fly your body and do a little shake!  All the working!  That's what unicorns DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
MADELEINE: Mommy, can you take a picture that I'm SINGING?
ME: Uh... okay.




Shortly after the photo session, Madeleine resumed her pretend game:

UNICORNIO: And fly, and fly, Dinah won't you BLOOOOOOWWW!
BELLE STICKER: Oh!  Look at Unicornio!  She's so FLYING in the WORLD!


I mean, I know pooping on the potty is tons of fun and all, but I think both my kids are missing its true purpose.  It's not gabby-through-the-closed door social hour, and it's not play-with-toys time.  It would also be nice if it was not take-off-all-our-clothes time.  But despite the huge ordeal that is pooping on the potty, I would shout back through the door to Julia or take Madeleine's mid-poop photo poses over changing poopy diapers any day!

3 comments:

  1. It really is true there's just something about your kids and the potty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the heck does she know the word justified?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! These moments, however closely related to movements are precious in the end. XOXOXO, Love, Yiayia

      Delete