Monday, May 28, 2012

Outfits and Books

 Today has been an exciting one in the Rowe household; not only has Julia authored another book, but she has also found a new fashion role model.  In her own words:  "Mom, you know that toddler in the book of poems that's throwing a fit?  Well, I decided that I really love her outfit, so I picked out an outfit just like it for the next Dinosaur day, but I was wondering, that box of shoes that Loula gave us?  Are there any orange boots in it so that I can look just like that toddler?"

The newest fashion model to catch Julia's eye:

What a fashionista!


Later in the morning, Julia created her newest novel, "Love Friends."  If the title alone doesn't capture you, here's a view of the story and illustrations (or, as Julia put it, "I'm the author AND the illustrator!")

 Front cover.


"Once upon a time, there was a girl with brown hair named May and a girl with red hair named Elina and a girl with yellow hair named Lizzy.  They were all friends."


"One day they walked into a forest.  'Is that apples on the tree?' said Elina.  Lizzy said, 'Maybe it's not such a great place to be.'  May said, 'I think you're right.  We'll just have to check it out and see.'



"Then they came upon a house.  They knocked on the door.  They heard soemone say: 'WHO'S KNOCKING AT MY DOOR?'



 "The door opened.  A witch came out.  'AAAAAHH!' said the girls.  'Oh!  Three girls named May, Lizzy and Elina!  I'm gonna eat them up for dinner!'  May said, 'Oh no!'  Elina said: 'We should run away!'  Lizzy said: 'I think we should!'  Then May said 'I have an idea!'  She grabbed a rope and it pulled the witch into the well and the witch said 'What a world, what a world!' 



 The back cover of the book, showing pictures of the various other published books that Julia has authored.  She gave me titles for all of them.  One after the other.  But I'll spare you.


Madeleine, caught up in the excitement of Julia's story, decided to illustrate her own adventure picture, complete with witches - and, of course, her trademark ghouls:



And, since it's Memorial Day, something to get you in the patriotic spirit -  Madeleine proudly displaying her American flags, courtesy of the Trader Joe's:




Hope you have all enjoyed the long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment